Tennessee Massage CE Requirements
Advanced Fundamentals Education - The CE Classroom, is an Approved Provider for the state of Tennessee Continuing Education Courses.
We can meet all of your CE Requirements to renew your Tennessee Massage License, except the 2 CE Hours of Tennessee statutes and rules. You can take all of your allowable Online CE Hours with our Online CE Courses. You can also participate in our Live / Hands on courses.
+ How many CE Units do I need to renew my Tennessee Massage License?
To renew your Tennessee Massage License, you need a total of 25 CE Hours, completed by December 31st of every even numbered year.
+ What CE Courses do I need for Tennessee Massage License renewal?
Of the 25 total CE Units:
- Up to 8 CE Hours can be completed online
- 2 CE Hours must be in a course pertaining to Tennessee statutes and rules concerning massage therapist and establishments
- At least 2 CE Hours must be in a course pertaining to the management of practicing massage therapy, or to professional Ethics, or to substance abuse
- New licensees will have his or her required continuing education hours pro-rated and for those obtaining a license during October, November and December of the second year of the cycle must obtain 4 CE Hours in the subject areas required by subparagraphs (2)(e) and (2)(f) which are:
- 2 CE Hours pertaining to federal and Tennessee statutes and rules concerning massage therapist and establishments
- 2 CE Hours pertaining to the management of practicing massage therapy, or to professional Ethics, or to substance abuse
- New licensees are no longer exempt during the first year of licensure
Visit the Tennessee Board of Massage Licensure website to view and verify CEU requirements.
This information is believed to be up to date. We research the laws and rules of each state and organization every year to confirm the continuing education and license renewal requirements. Regulations do change though, so it is your responsibility to confirm with your state and organization regulators.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
- NCBTMB Provider # 451911-12
- Florida Approved Continuing Education Provider # 50-13930